Last Updated September 1, 2020
I’m a resident of California and use Drund’s products or services and want to understand Drund’s Privacy practices.
Information you provide to us, for example:
- Contact information and account registration details, such as your email address to send you messages about your favorite reality shows.
- Identification and demographics, such as gender, education, so we can personalize your experience.
- Transactional data, such as the tickets you have purchased with us, so that we can ensure you have the appropriate entitlements.
- User-generated content, such as photos or videos that you upload, so that you can participate in a competition.
- Research and feedback, such as your comments, so that we can improve our services.
- Audio and video, such as an audio recording of a customer service call, so that we can train our staff.
Information we collect automatically, for example:
- Device information and identifiers, such as your IP address or browser type, so we can ensure our website is optimized to your viewing needs.
- Connection and usage data, such as the fact that you opened one of our emails, so that we serve you more relevant content.
- Geolocation, such as your city to ensure we serve our live content in the right time zone.
Information we obtain from third parties, for example:
- Information from public and commercial services, such as your shopping preferences to better tailor advertising to you.
- Social media information, such as your social media login data if you choose to sign into one of our services that way.
- Provide the Drund Services, for example if you have trouble accessing a feature on a website, we can offer you support. We may also use the fact that you had trouble to work to improve that feature or create new ones.
- Personalize your experience, for example if you like to certain types of content, we may show you other content you may enjoy.
- Send you marketing communications, for example we may send you information about a contest you may be interested in.
- Provide a seamless experience across platforms, for example, we will recognize your log-in so you can access the same content you viewed on a different device and serve you advertising based on what you view.
- Market and Advertise for third parties, for example we may take the fact that you enjoy articles about celebrities and use that fact to serve you relevant or related advertisements.
- Protect our users, Services, and properties, for example we may detect an unauthorized attempt to log in to an account.
- Related Companies. For example, we may want to understand the audience overlap with other companies.
- Advertisers, Advertising Networks, and Other Third Parties. For example, we may collect a device ID along with the content you have viewed and conclude you may enjoy specific content. We may then pass your device ID along to an advertising network in order to serve you advertisements about scary movies.
- Partners. For example, you may ask us to share your information with an airline or hotel in order to book a flight as part of a vacation package.
- Social Networks. For example, you may click ‘share’ to have a news story from a Drund Partner property appear on your social media account. When you do this some information about you will be passed to the platform.
- Service Providers. For example, we may user a vendor to collect data about a user’s ‘journey’—what webpage they start on, what pages they view and for how long--to optimize our website.
- Search Engines. For example, if you post a picture of a drawing you made on one of our websites, that drawing may then be available via search engines since the website is publicly available.
- Law Enforcement. For example, we may work with law enforcement if we detect potential fraud on one of our digital platforms.
The California Consumer Privacy Act defines a ‘sale’ in a way that may include allowing a third party to receive certain information to add to a profile about your device, browser, or you. This profiling powers interest-based advertising on some Drundl sites and services and allows us to keep many of our sites and services at low or no cost. To learn how to opt-out, you can go to this link.
If you live in California , a third party may be allowed to submit an individual rights request on your behalf. To learn more about authorized agents, click here.